[Story Confirmed] – Which was first leaked by several sources early in the month — and what is now being reported on PlanetXbox360 and other sources — Capcom is set to formally announce another installment in the crossover fighting series, ã€ŒMarvel vs. Capcomã€. Unveiled at Capcom Entertainment’s annual Captivate press event in Hawaii, ã€ŒMarvel vs. Capcom 3ã€ promises to be a real high-definition upgrade running at full 1080p, is disc-based, and include an extensive number of characters guaranteed to satisfy fans throughout. Screen shots and a possible trailer/teaser may be shown as early as next week.
[UPDATE 04.19.2010] — Trailer is now available here.
*Info courtesy of EventHubs:
- Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
- The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
- This will be another 2D fighter â€” gameplay-wise â€” but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
- The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
- The game will run in 1080p resolution.
- It will be a disc-based release.
- Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
- The game will be playable at this year’s E3 which is held on June 15 – 17th.